Sunday, February 8, 2009

Menu Plan Monday

Mark and I have been menu planning together for a few weeks. We haven't followed everything exactly. Even if we do not cook what was scheduled every night, it helps to have the ideas on paper. Menu planning is much more effective when we are both involved.

Last night while he fixed the kids dinner, I started 3 dinners for this week. In 2 hours, we had 4 meals completed and I had cleaned th
e kitchen. When he was getting lunch ready, Mark also started marinating pork for another meal. Most of what I needed to cook was already in the freezer or pantry. I only had to pick up a couple items to make the meals.

Sunday: shepherds pie *done
Monday:Pork terriyaki *done
Tuesday: Baked Ziti *done
Wednesday: Hamburgers/Veggie Burgers on Homemade buns
Thursday: Pot pie *done

Friday: Pizza night
Saturday: Adventure night, Fondue

When the rest of the family eats meat, I just eat the sides and sub veggie protein.


I think we are getting the hang of this.

Form more Menu Plan Monday, head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie.




No comments: