Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bud and George

Bud is in pre-k this year. He made the cut off to go to Kindergarden this year, but we decided on pre-k. Last year when we were making the decision, he told us that he was not ready for Kindergarden and wanted to go to pre-K. That cinched it for us. He's had such a great time with his pre-K "All stars" group. Several of his classmates he's been with for years now. Sissy loves that he is in pre-k, too. She gets to go to the same school and see him when they are out on the playgrounds.

Each week there is a new "All Star", the child is featured on the bulletin board, has a parent come in to read a book to the class, and at the end of the week, bring home Curious George. When the all-star returns to George to school on Monday, they send in a story and a picture. Curious George has been making these trips for at least 5 years now. His book is quite impressive.

Here's Ian's story. These are his own words. I was merely the typist.


"George and I went on a big adventure, a long, long way away. While we were on our adventure, we watched “Shrek the Third” on the way and “Babe” on the way home. We also got snacks and balloons at Trader Joe’s on our adventure after eating dinner at Ruby Tuesday‘s. We got home very late and he was asleep. I didn’t want to wake him up.

On Saturday, he sat at the table and ate breakfast with me. He ate a pretend banana. He wanted more and more. He ate all the pretend bananas I had! He was still hungry and tried to eat a banana pillow. Then, George got to meet Triceratops. George was scared of Triceratops. He thought Triceratops was going to growl at him. George and I played all kinds of games including video games. He had a hard time because he couldn’t move the controller very well. My daddy helped us build a HUGE tower with my magnetic toys. We had so much fun. We were very tired at the end of the day and snoozed all night.

Sunday we played with my transformer in mommy’s room. We went outside and played. We got on the swings. My sissy pushed George around in her stroller. George rode in my Jeep with me. We rode in the back yard and even went in the front yard! We had so much fun."






Our long, long way away was about 2 1/2 hours up and 2 1/2 hours back. But it was definitely an adventure.

No comments: