Sunday, February 24, 2008

Gracie gets a dress

I have a dress I've been wanting to make Sissy from a Japanese book on Girl's clothes. I decided to do a sample and sketched out a smaller version for her Corolle Doll Gracie. It's not perfect by any means, but I definitely have some ideas on the best way to construct the dress for Sissy. Now to choose the fabric! I'm still not sure if I'm going to try to do it reversible like Gracie's dress. I don't love the fabric for Gracie's dress. I have a few bolts of quilting cotton I bought cheaper than muslin. I think it does look cute on.


Sissy isn't a huge fan of pictures. After she saw a couple she was willing to pose one more time.




Yes, Gracie has a lazy eye and a pen tatoo on her head. The lazy eye comes from Sissy smearing Boudreaux's Butt Paste all over her head one day. I cleaned Gracie up with q-tips and washcloths. The pen was actually from 2 different days. Gracie really needs a trip though the spin cycle. Did you know that Corolle dolls can be washed on the gentle cycle in a washing machine? I don't know if this will get the pen off. Anyone know any ideas on what will take pen off a doll? No magic erasers though, I don't want to damage her skin!

No comments: